About this Website
This website provides webcasts of presentations from ICIMH conferences.
Using this Website
Users may access presentations by using the following tools:
-- Use the "Browse by" options at the top of the page to change the default display of the session data.
- Presentation -- displays presentations sorted by date, time and presentation title.
- Session (summary) -- displays the sessions available, sorted by date, time and presentation title.
- Session (with details) -- displays the sessions available with presentation information, also sorted by date, time and presentation title.
Search -- use the search box to search presentations by a specific term. The "show advanced options" link allows you to refine your search.
Search Filters -- use the extensive search filters to narrow your search by session type, availability and speaker participation type.
Participation in the ICIMH webcasts is left to the discretion of each speaker. As a result, some presentations may not be available, and some presentations may not include all slides. The permission status of each speaker is listed by viewing the session or presentation detail.
Technical Support Information
Presentations are available on supported versions of both Windows and Macintosh computers and require the Adobe Flash Player version 10.x installed on your computer.
Check now to determine from Adobe if you have version 10 of the Flash player installed on your computer.
Audio and video presentations are streamed as on-demand webcasts. Video webcasts require that you have a broadband Internet connection with at least 300kbps of download connectivity. If you are having difficulty with playback of a video webcast, for example playback is buffering frequently, select the "Audio" link which requires less bandwidth than the video webcasts. While this option does synchronize the static slides in the presentations, it does not include any videos embedded in the presentation to limit the bandwidth demands of this option. If you have trouble with the audio webcast, you may not have sufficient bandwidth on your Internet connection to view the webcasts.
If you are still having trouble viewing the webcasts, please carefully review
the detailed System Requirements and Troubleshooting Steps webpage for
further support information. If after reviewing the troubleshooting steps you are still having difficulty, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Mobile Device Supported Platforms
Apple iOS devices (Apple iPad and iPhone)
Android mobile devices with Adobe Flash player 10.1.
Users with a supported mobile device listed above and an enabled Internet connection can stream presentations directly from the mobile optimized navigation page. Please note that advanced interactivity features of the desktop player, are not available on mobile devices.
Visit the Podcast Feed page for instructions on downloading audio mp3 files of all presentations.
For each session, users may access sessions in two different versions of the media player:
- Slide video -- video of the speaker's slide presentation is the default stream displayed in the player. This option displays all speaker mouse movements and videos included in presentations.
- Audio -- audio of the speaker's presentation is the default stream in the player. Static slide images in the slide presentations are synchronized to the audio stream. As noted, videos embedded in the presentation are not included in this option to limit the amount of bandwidth needed to view the presentation.
- Download Audio -- download a mp3 file of the presentation to your local computer or mobile device.
Navigating the Presentation in the Media Player
The player offers several tools to navigate a presentation:
- Browse Slides -- use the browse slides tab on the left-hand side of the player to either preview the slides in the session or navigate to that point in the session by selecting the slide thumbnail image. These are the tools available to preview the slides in the presentation:
- There are two "expand" buttons to enlarge the size of the browse slides window:
- Expand the slide thumbnails over the presentation info region or
- Expand the slide thumbnails over the entire presentation content region of the player.
- Enlarge a slide thumbnail by using the slider bar in the browse slides region.
- Move your mouse over a slide to preview it in the slide region. The preview slide will be highlighted red. By moving your mouse off the slide thumbnail, you return to the current slide.
- The current slide is highlighted green in the browse slides region.
- "Info" Button -- displays information about the speaker and their presentation.
- "Show Take Notes" Button -- send notes while watching the session to any email address.
- Playback Controls
- Play/Pause button -- select this button to play or pause the default media stream of the player.
- Stop button -- select this button to stop the default media stream of the player.
- Volume -- use the volume slider to increase or decrease the playback volume. Select the speaker button to mute playback.
- Enlarge button -- toggle the player to full-screen of your computer's monitor. Select the button again to return to playback within your Internet browser.
- "Show Slide Image" button -- when viewing a presentation using the "slides video" option, use the "Show Slide Image" button to overlay the current static slide image over the slide video region. Select the "Show Slide Video" to return to the video of the presentation.
- "Show Speaker Info" button -- select this button to overlay information about the presenter, the presentation, and the presenter's disclosure information.
- "Show Share" button -- select this button to share a presentation via email, social networks such as Facebook or Twitter, or copied URL.
- "Show Help" button -- select this button in the media player to open an overlay with technical support information about the presentation.
- "Download Media Files" button -- select this button to download a mp3 file of the presentation.